GET FREE RESOURCES TO HELP YOUR CHILD CARE BUSINESS
At the Texas Workforce Commission, we want to assist your child care business any way we can. Here are some free resources that can help you run your business more effectively.
Just click on the links below.
Boost your business with these no-cost resources
- Learn how to create a Tuition Assistance Policy to help families and comply with the Child Care Relief Fund 2022 requirements.
- Opening a Business Bank Account tells you how to easily get your own checking account. This is the best first step to make sure that you’re clearly separating your personal and business costs and revenue.
- How can I set up a Record-Keeping System? helps you learn how and why to accurately track records for your business.
- Basic Bookkeeping helps you learn how to create a simple financial system for your business.
- Use our How Can I Get My Business Ready for a New Year? resource to learn how to use year-end data to strengthen your business.
Managing Business Finances
- A Simple Monthly Budget can help you track your spending.
- Setting rates is one of the most difficult and most important things you can do as a child care business owner. How Do I Set My Rates for My Child Care Business? will show you how to set pricing that is “just right” for your business.
- helps you plan ahead and understand how to keep cash on hand.
- Learn how and when to access capital and strengthen your business. Can I get a loan to support my business?
- Paying Yourself: A Guide for Sole Proprietors helps you learn why, how, and how much you should pay yourself.
Attracting and Retaining Staff
- Attract the Best Talent with two important ideas that will have an outsized impact on your ability to connect with the best talent for your business.
- As grants and other funds flow into the child care system, there is an opportunity to reward hard-working employees for this additional effort through temporary pay increases and bonuses. Learn how to reward your staff.
- Learn how to decide what benefits are right for your business and staff. How do I choose and begin offering employee benefits?
- How can I Reduce Stress for my Team and Myself? will show you ways to cope with stress in the workplace during the pandemic and beyond.
- Learn how to navigate the increase in costs associated with raising employee compensation in our guide Pay Increases and Payroll Taxes.
- Use our How do I Prepare for Tax Season? guide to learn how to better prepare for taxes in 2021 and prepare for next year.
- Pandemic support has likely been critical to the recovery of your child care business. Though it can increase your tax liability, it can still provide new income, even if you have to pay taxes on it. Learn more in How Does Relief Funding Affect Your Taxes?
- Town Hall on Child Care Employment Law hosted by Commissioner Aaron Demerson representing employers at Texas Workforce Commission.
- When is Someone a Contractor or an Employee? will help you learn how to classify your staff members who work in your business.
- Using the Time/Space Calculation, child care programs can request reimbursement from the Child Care Relief Fund for common expenses incurred by in-home child care services.
- Learn how you can improve the quality of your child care program with Texas Rising Star and the Child Care Services subsidy program.